Today Alex and I had a bit of an adventure, thanks to Spiro. The plan was to have Spiro drop Elizabeth off at school and return to our home to accompany Alex and I to the eye doctor. Well plans never seem to work out here in the "Z" household, because my darling husband totally forgot about the appointment and went straight to work! Did I mention he also forgot his cell phone? So I had no way of calling him to see what happened. So, frantically I grabbed Alex and my bag and bolted to the nearest bus stop...thank goodness I live in the city. The bus came quickly and Alex was a real trooper! He was only afraid for about 1 minute and then became his cute and adorable self when he started saying "I" (Hi) to everyone around him. I'm so proud of him! Yeah Alex!!
The news from the Pediatric Ophthalmologist was not what I was expecting at all. Dr. N. dilated Alex's eye per my request, because it's been awhile and Alex now needs a much stronger prescription for his glasses. (Yes, these are the same glasses that he never wears) It went from -2.5 to a -6.5! So now that his eye has had such a drastic change, some red flags are going up to have Alex checked for Glaucoma again. Which of course means going under anesthesia again. He's been under so many times already....I've lost count. All the Doctor needs to do is a pressure check, but it's so hard to get Alex to sit still for it (I don't care for the test either).
Dr. N. is going to ask Dr. K. (Alex's retina Doc) to join him during the exam so he can get a more detailed look at Alex's retinas. We are hoping they can both squeeze Alex into their schedules and get this done with before Thanksgiving.
Did I mention Spiro showed up at the doctors just in time? Yeah! He was a great help keeping Alex's head still while the Doctor did his exam.
Coming soon....New photo's of Alex wearing his new glasses!
Take care everyone!
The news from the Pediatric Ophthalmologist was not what I was expecting at all. Dr. N. dilated Alex's eye per my request, because it's been awhile and Alex now needs a much stronger prescription for his glasses. (Yes, these are the same glasses that he never wears) It went from -2.5 to a -6.5! So now that his eye has had such a drastic change, some red flags are going up to have Alex checked for Glaucoma again. Which of course means going under anesthesia again. He's been under so many times already....I've lost count. All the Doctor needs to do is a pressure check, but it's so hard to get Alex to sit still for it (I don't care for the test either).
Dr. N. is going to ask Dr. K. (Alex's retina Doc) to join him during the exam so he can get a more detailed look at Alex's retinas. We are hoping they can both squeeze Alex into their schedules and get this done with before Thanksgiving.
Did I mention Spiro showed up at the doctors just in time? Yeah! He was a great help keeping Alex's head still while the Doctor did his exam.
Coming soon....New photo's of Alex wearing his new glasses!
Take care everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment